Standard Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITONS OF SALES
All sales made by us are subject to these standard terms & conditions, except where agreed otherwise in writing. We do endeavour to offer the best possible service so if you have a problem with a product or our service, please contact us immediately so that we can try to rectify it as soon as possible.
DEFINITIONS : “Our” and “Us” refers to the seller (vendor) whose trading style appears on your order and invoice. “You” and “Your” refers to the original company, organisation or individual who purchases goods and/or services directly from us. “Reseller” refers to any person or company who purchases items for resale onto a third party. “Consumer” refers to any person who is acting for purposes which are outside his trade, business or profession.
YOUR RIGHTS. You and We are protected by statutory (legal) rights, according to the laws of England and Wales or any European Legislation which applies in England. Where statutory legislation exists, or new legislation comes into force, your and our statutory rights are not affected by anything within these terms, and those rights take precedence over these terms. Where any part of these terms is over-ridden by legislation, all other terms still apply. Any order placed with us is subject to acceptance.
1. PRICE : All prices quoted exclude VAT which will be charged at applicable rates and added to the invoice total. Unless explicitly requested, method of carriage will be at our discretion. Any costs omitted or corrections on your invoice will be invoiced/credited/charged later. You must notify us promptly if you are not billed the correct amount and we will correct the error. All advised/published pricing is subject to change at any time without notice due to market/currency fluctuations and other factors. You will be notified of any increases as and when they occur.
2. PAYMENT : We accept payment by cash, cheque, banker’s draft / BACS. If a credit facility is offered, payment must reach us within 30 days end of month of invoice (except where agreed otherwise in writing). Official orders from government/educational and other official bodies are welcome, subject to acceptance.
3. TITLE : All goods remain our property until such a time as they have been paid in full, as per all invoices issued by us for those goods. Goods supplied may not be resold by you until they have been paid for in full, unless the new purchaser is made aware that title remains with us until we have been paid in full.
4. DELIVERY AND TRANSIT DAMAGE : No delivery times are guaranteed. Timed deliveries or arrival time estimates are provided as a guide and target only. In the case of a timed delivery not being made on time, any surcharge for that service made will be refunded, which will be the extent of our liability. All deliveries we (or our agents) make will require a signature on delivery. If a package appears to be damaged before you open it, the consignment must be signed for with a note to that effect. Goods damaged in transit must be notified to us within 48 hours of receipt. You must keep all packaging as that may be required in event of a claim.
5. WARRANTIES & SUPPORT : If the Seller is not notified in writing of any defect within 28 days of delivery, the Buyer shall be deemed to have examined and accepted the goods in good condition and free from any defects. Any rejection of goods sold by us are subject to an inspection by Box Litho Ltd. Where possible remedial work to correct defects will be carried out by the seller. Any goods deemed not fit for purpose by the seller will be replaced in a reasonable timeframe that is equal to or less than the original lead time, commencing at the point at which a rejection is accepted in writing by the seller. A reseller must not take any corrective action themselves unless it has been agreed in writing by the seller. The seller accepts no liability for consequential loss.
6. GOODS SUITABILITY : It is your responsibility to ensure that the correct size and specification are ordered for your purposes. We cannot guarantee that the product will continue to work correctly during your ownership if your original environment changes, for example if your line, location or other hardware is altered (by you or a third party supplier) such that it is no longer compatible with the product.
7. CREDIT CHECKING / VALIDITY : We reserve the right to liaise with credit reference and other agencies with regard to your status and submit information accordingly and in line with relevant legislation. We also reserve the right to refuse any unexecuted order, without giving a reason. Certain products may only be available to qualifying persons or persons in particular geographical areas.
8. DELIVERY : Although we Endeavour to process, dispatch and delivery orders promptly, no absolute guarantee is given of any dispatch/delivery timescales. Where a premium service is requested (e.g. AM delivery or Saturday) our liability extends only to a refund of the premium should the delivery not be attempted during the time requested. Deliveries may be made any time between 8am and 4pm. Our standard delivery service cover most parts of mainland UK. It is essential that someone will be at the delivery address to receive and sign for the goods. It is vital that you provide the correct address, in as much detail as possible, including a complete postcode. If the address or postcode you give is incorrect or you request a re-routing from the original destination (via us or directly to the courier), you will be charged for the re-routing costs at our standard carriage rates.
9. PRIVACY : When placing an order, we require various personal details from you. It is important that you supply all details requested in order that we can validate orders efficiently. You can be assured that we treat your personal details, including email address and telephone numbers in confidence. We do not disclose such details to any third party or otherwise use them, except in connection with expediting/processing your orders/products. We do not send out unsolicited emails (‘spam’) and your email address will not be added to any mailing lists (unless requested). We will not use details of your purchases in our marketing/publicity materials or any other promotion without your consent and your credit/debit card details are not stored or retained on the web server. These policies exclude any disclosure which we are required by law to make, crime prevention, legal action or any issues relating to product safety. If ultimately we are unable to satisfy ourselves of the validity or other aspects of an order, we may not accept it.
10. ORDER QUANTITY : We will supply and invoice up to 10% over the quantity ordered unless instructed otherwise. Alternatively, we will accept one of the following conditions if you specifically request we do so on your purchase order: 5% Overs / no Unders or No Overs / 5% Unders.
BY PLACING AN ORDER WITH US, YOU ARE BOUND BY THESE TERMS UNLESS AGREED OTHERWISE BY US IN WRITING. ALL STATUTORY RIGHTS APPLY AS PER THE STATUTE OF THE UNITED KINGDOM AND EUROPEAN UNION WHERE APPLICABLE. YOU SHOULD KEEP A COPY OF THESE TERMS AS WE MAY NOT.
©2009 Box Litho Ltd Revision b